HANON and UMBRO reignite their partnership as we celebrate one of the brand’s most iconic training styles with our own workwear-inspired take on the classic Drill Top.
A favourite from the sportswear brand’s archive, the Drill Top is a garment as ingrained in football culture as the click of a well-oiled turnstile, the smell and taste of a half time pie, or the sight of a stadium emerging beyond rows of terraced houses illuminated by towering floodlights.
The UMBRO Drill Top has become synonymous with many names making it their own both on and off the pitch; from Fergie and Clough to the Gallagher brothers and the ‘90s Britpop scene further enriching and weaving it into the fabric of football and culture in the British Isles.
For our HANON interpretation, we draw on the Drill Top’s rugged dependableness steeped in working traditions, which is what makes it so iconic. Keeping it classic, we’ve opted for a slate grey cotton twill application, reminiscent of training wear from a bygone era and free from intrusive corporate endorsements, while embodying the make do, fancy free attitude that propelled ordinary kids to greatness on footballs biggest stages.
- Peach Finished Cotton Twill
- 65% Polyester / 35% Cotton
- Original Fit
- Contrast Twill Cut & Sew Panel Running Down Arms, Shoulders & Collar
- Fold Down Collar and Knitted Rib V Insert at Neck
- Diamond Pattern on the Yoke
- Embroidered Dual Branded Logo on Chest.
- Metal Button Fasten Patch to Left Arm with Dual Branding
- Loose Elasticated Hem
- Removable Button Fasten Bellow Pocket Which Converts Into a Neck Pouch Bag
- Hiking Cord for Neck Pouch Bag Straps
Colour: SLATE GREY
Measurements provided in CM.