To the Underdogs and Misfits.
To the Art of Battling Giants.
HANON is proud to participate in the adidas Consortium Cup, a first of its kind sneaker tournament where a global network of Consortium partners battle each other via a public vote across 4 head-to-head knockout rounds.
The format is a simple one. Each Consortium partner puts their spin on an iconic adidas trainer and submits a design where the general public get to vote on their favourite via the CONFIRMED app. The winning partner will have their shoe manufactured and advance to the next round. The losing partner is eliminated from the contest. Across the adidas Consortium Cup, there will be 15 winning designs and 1 tournament winner!
An Underdog Story!
For the tournament, HANON pays homage to the underdogs and misfits, and we have applied this narrative throughout our designs. Each round takes inspiration from a favourite underdog who overcame the odds in the face of adversity! From colour selection to materials, stitching detail, and logo sign offs, a common design language and continuity links each round as we honour those who battle giants!
First up is the Samba, inspired by David and Goliath.
Look out for the slingshot!
Voting via the CONFIRMED app has now closed!
- OG Samba-inspired design
- Nubuck material as base of upper
- Rugged suede vamp overlay
- Stripes underlay in cream coloured leather
- Leather heel tab
- Leather lining
- Lateral debossed heel tab slingshot graphic representing David and Goliath storyline
- Tongue overlay in lockstitch
- Overlay with inspirational quote on tongue lining
- Semi-translucent tooling
- Three sets of cotton laces
- HANON and adidas Consortium Cup co-branded insock
- HANON and adidas Consortium Cup co-branded woven label on tongue